15 November 2013

The reason I avoid the outdoors...

So today summed up why I hate going out.

The Plymouth Christmas lights were turned on today so me and David decided to go in before he went to work, we had an enjoyable evening, I brought myself a sausage and a pretzel, we saw some cheerleaders and ice skating stuff and I got over excited by coming face to face with three GAWJUS reindeer!

Then just at the end of the evening I was taking photos of the X-Mas parade, someone walked in front of me just as I took a photo, I did a mock OMG face (as you do) to David and was about to go back to photo taking when out of the corner of my eye I saw someone trying to make eye contact with me and the word "pathetic" coming out of her mouth, so as she obviously was saying it to me for some reason I just smiled and went "yeah" as you do in a bewildered state, she then walked in front of me looked me straight in the face and went "no I mean you".

I was taken right back by that. I guess it showed on my face because she started a torrent of abuse about how I should get a perspective as the man only walked in front of me. Understanding that she obviously got her wires crossed I managed to softly squeak out "its a joke" to which she rolled her eyes and went "sure" before turning away with her child and forgetting that she had even possibly just ruined someone's evening.

As you know I'm not the most out there person, I hate being seen, I love walking behind whoever I'm with so they see them and not me, I don't like people talking to me if I don't know them so having a stranger berate me for no reason other to make their own sense of importance felt completely destroyed my evening.

Over reaction?

Possibly.

But I don't like crowds, I don't like people and I avoid going into the city centre when events like this happen for this exact reason. Everyone tells me no one will ever talk to you or have a go at you in the street unless you do something wrong and I guess everyone lives in their own little bubble thinking no one will care about their "in-jokes" or whatever they are doing.

So when that bubble is burst by a busy body, and that bubble is a fragile one belonging to someone who is trying their best not to freak out that they are in a crowd... Kinda ruined my day.

I just don't understand why she had to do it?

Lets face it unless she seems to think she's the centre of the universe it was obvious the face I made (which was followed by a enormous smile) wasn't to her, I wasn't looking for her comment on anything, she was just another face in the crowd (who was ignoring the pleas to stay away from where she was walking as the parade was coming, too busy ruining peoples evenings in general that one!) But she took time out of her life to berate someone she didn't know, call them out on the injustices that were apparently done for no reason.

What a role model! Her kid will grow up to be a wonderful person, or else hate his mother for being a rude busy body!

Thing is she is lucky she was talking to a meek and shy person who lets these things get on top of her, if it was my sister she would have gotten it back twice as badly. She would have caused a right big argument IN FRONT of her (about 3,4 year old) son. If she seemed to think I was looking for her approval then she can't have thought I was a easy target, so why the hell would she put herself in that position?

I know I shouldn't let it get to me, but it is one of those events that stay in your mind. Maybe I'll forget it in a day or two but it was so out of the blue and took me a second or two to realize it had even happened!

So my lesson has been learnt!

Do not make funny faces just in case they are misinterpreted as being a terribley pathetic whatever.

Hopefully she'll learn one day not to stick her overly grown nose into other people's business and be unneedfully rude and nasty to people she doesn't know just because she thinks she's better then anyone else!

No comments:

Post a Comment