3 February 2013

Fairy Tail : 100 to 1 (Anime)

Episode 167

Last week Erza challenge all 100 opponents in Pandemonium. How did she fare in the battle against 100?

***SPOILERS***


So the episode started up with Erza getting ready to face the 100 monsters in Pandemonium.

First thing is first, new opening credits. I like them but have to say I do prefer ones like the last lot which are much more uplifting. To me Fairy Tail is light hearted with serious bits chucked in all over the place, so I don't like the more serious music.

But I do love how it does a close up to Laxus's eye! Plus it has Gajeels new outfit in it as well.

But the episode itself?

Well I think it was great that they actually bothered to expand Pandemonium. It was a real showcase of the different armors that Erza wears. My personal favorite was Sea Empress armor.

It cemented that not only is Erza strong mentally but she is the strongest female we've seen. Yet.

Even though you have Natsu and Gray still acting scared of her one thing delving so deeply into her character has done is stop her from being Monster Erza, you can't look at someone who has been through all the things Erza has and think of her as any kind of monster. But having this event showcase her strength brings back the strong unbeatable image they had at first of Erza without stripping any of the emotional layers they've added to her.

It was well paced as well though, it didn't go on too long (there was no real story to tell to have it last a WHOLE episode) but it didn't speed by and lose its importance either.

The Magic Strength test was just as fun as in the manga. I loved drunken Cana and the reaction of Fairy Tail B (she subbed in for Jellal.) Also how cheeky is Mavis? I really love her I do hope she pops up more after this arc has finished I'd hate to see her leave, she seems to love Fairy Tail as it is now.

I like how it shows the different levels that everyone is without having to be a fight as well. Jura and Orga are stupidly powerful, though Jura would have to be to be one of the 10 Wizard Saints. Millianna is actually coming along really well after leaving the Tower of Heaven, Hibiki never stood a chance and it cast more mystery over Raven Tail. Why couldn't we see Obras magic?

Of course Cana (with a little help from Mavis and Fairy Glitter) wins, and going into the battle part of the competition Fairy Tail A & B are on the up and up!

Raven Tail know who is battling who.... They seem happy...

Can't wait till next week! These episodes are just getting more and more exciting and if it is anything like the manga it just gets better!




****SPOILER IF YOU DON'T WATCH THE NEXT WEEK BIT AT THE END****

Next week is Laxus v Alexei, can't wait to see Laxus in action. Since this chapter in the manga so much has happened and we're still at least a week or so away from seeing Laxus fight again. So for a big Laxus fan like me I can't WAIT to see him in action some more! 

I know there won't be much but I would like to think they might add a few flashbacks or just expand a tiny bit more on his episode. Though I know he isn't as loved as Erza so they might not bother, especially as it is the big reveal of what Raven Tail want!

No comments:

Post a Comment